8.21.2008

Amstelpark




While exploring one day, I discovered Amstelpark which is only 1 mile from our apartment. It's my favorite destination to which I run or bike. It's gorgeous, and there's very few people within the park.


I've never seen anybody trimming any of the bushes, but they're kept up really nicely.


Along the bike paths and walking paths, there are lots of these big slugs. Not exactly what you want on the bottom of your shoe.

Where there's water, there's birds. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of duck with black eyes. They look tough.

More wildlife- bunnies!

The Amstel River


Little ponds inside hedged gardens.

A childrens' maze
Manicured trees





Just outside the park is a windmill. There's always a tourist bus parked on the road- so I know it's a popular attraction. Although, I don't know the history and there's no sign. I'll have to join the group one of these days and listen.


No comments: